Bus Engine - Do You Really Know How To Maintain It?
Bus Engine - Do You Really Know How To Maintain It?1. Inspection and maintenance of intake and exhaust system
● Check whether the intake bellows has cracks, aging and whether the clamps at both ends are firm;
● Check whether the air inlet and outlet hose of the intercooler has cracks, aging and whether the clamp is firm;
● Sealing performance of compressor end and turbine end of turbocharger;
● Whether the response of exhaust brake valve is flexible and effective;
● Sealing performance of intake and exhaust manifold end.
● Check and clean the outer element of the air filter every 10000km (4000km in dusty areas).
● Check whether the wiring of the air filter blockage alarm sensor is firm.
● It is forbidden to remove the air filter when the vehicle is running or the engine is working, otherwise it will cause early engine wear or cylinder pulling and other faults.
Note: If there is any air in the intake pipe? Air leakage will cause a large amount of unfiltered air to enter the intake manifold, and the engine will be worn at an early stage; If there is air leakage in the exhaust pipe, it will cause the loss of compressor power, reduce the supercharging effect and reduce the engine power.
2. Inspection and maintenance of oil supply system
● Screw off the plug every week to drain water, take down the water cup of the precipitator during maintenance every 4000km, pour out the water and impurities, and clean the water cup, cover and diffusion cone. During reassembly, pay attention not to omit or install the seal ring to avoid oil leakage.
● Check the vent hole on the fuel tank to ensure its normal ventilation. Once the vent hole is blocked, the efficiency of the fuel delivery pump will be reduced;
● Check that the whole pipeline is free of dripping and leakage;
● When replacing the oil pipe, the general rubber hose should not be used, and the sub-large pipe with certain strength and oil resistance must be used. Because when the temperature is high or the oil suction pressure is high, the rubber hose will be sucked and the oil supply will be interrupted.
● Check the response flexibility of the accelerator cable. Remember to eliminate the fault or replace the accelerator cable when the response of the accelerator cable is not smooth.
Note: The high-pressure oil pump is the heart of the engine. Please be sure to maintain the high-pressure oil pump and fuel injector on time. In most cases, the reduction of engine power, difficulty in starting, unstable idle speed, environmental protection and high fuel consumption are related to the high pressure oil pump and injector.
3. Inspection and maintenance of lubrication system
● Oil pressure, oil gauge indication: idle oil pressure is about 0.7~1.0, high pressure is not more than 3.5.
● Oil quantity and quality; Be diligent in checking the quantity and quality of engine oil.